NZ: Wine conference to focus on future of industry
The New Zealand wine industry needs to continue to focus on delivering quality and on commissioning industry research, New Zealand Winegrowers has said ahead of an industry conference.
Philip Manson, New Zealand Winegrowers science and innovations manager, was speaking ahead of the 15th Romeo Bragato conference for the grape growing and wine industry, due to take place later this month.
"The New Zealand wine industry has long been renowned for its quality and commitment to continuous improvement. Romeo Bragato provides a key opportunity for the industry to gather and share ideas to help maintain this focus," Manson said today (5 August).
The theme of the conference - 'Where do we go from here?' - will focus on the global wine business and "where it's heading in the current economic times". An address by The Australian Wine Research Institute will be entitled: "Past, present and future - impacts of research and technology on quality wine production."
On the speaking panel will be Mission Estate Winery CEO Peter Holley, Andrew Barber of The Agribusiness Group, Stuart Dykes of Corban's Hawke's Bay Winery and Peter Mann of Yealands Estate Wines.
The Romeo Bragato conference will be held at the Pettigrew-Green Arena in Napier from 20-22 August.
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends