FRANCE: Wine co-ops team up in New World assault
Seven French wine co-operatives have joined forces to create a brand to compete with its New World rivals.
The producers, from wine regions throughout France, have formed the Opera Vins & Spiriteux (OVS) and will work together to produce a brand called Chamarre.
The brand will be available on European markets this summer before being launched in the US and South-East Asia. The producers are hoping to sell 4m bottles this year and have ambitiously targeted sales of 30m in 2010.
OVS said that it aimed to break even in its third year and achieve a turnover of EUR75m (US$89m).
The organisation is open for new members, it added.
The UK market is developing in terms of sales and sophistication. Drawing on up-to-the-minute consumer research, Alex McPhee, Neville Calvert and David Matthews of management consultants, KPMG, examin...
Recently published research indicates that while consumers have taken to the clear and modern marketing techniques employed by New World producers, they still cherish the romance and mystique of wine,...
US wine and spirits distributor New World Brands has appointed David Rudden as CEO....
UBS has begun its coverage of the Chilean wine producer Concha y Toro (VCO)....
Vincor International has reported a 46% increase in first quarter sales, compared to the same period last year, to C$165.8m, following its acquisition of Western Wines in July last year....
The Norwegian drinks distributor Arcus is to launch its own Argentine wine brand....
The French wine industry's troubles are unlikely to be helped by this year's harvest as preliminary figures predict a bumper crop, placing more pressure on winemakers who are still struggling to sell ...
Vranken Pommery Monopole has seen its turnover for the first half jump 24.3% to €90.5m (US$108.3m), compared to €72.8m for the same period of 2004....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future