Wine Australia poaches Tesco wine exec to head UK & Europe
Jewell begins her new job in February
Wine Australia has appointed Tesco's wine development manger to lead its UK & Europe office.
Laura Jewell will start her new post on 23 February, the trade body said today. She will replace Stuart Barclay, who has moved to the role of GM for market development at Wine Australia.
“The UK remains our largest export market and Laura will be a strong advocate for Australian wine, leading our team in London and driving efforts to maintain our market share and remain competitive,” a spokesperson for Wine Australia said.
Jewell has worked in the wine industry for 25 years and holds the Master of Wine qualification, which she attained in 1997.
This month, China agreed to drop duty on Australian wine imports after the two countries signed a free trade agreement.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends