AUS: Wine Australia plans global forum
Wine Australia will launch a promotional campaign in 2014
Wine Australia has unveiled plans for a global wine forum next year, ahead of a campaign to raise the profile of the country's wine regions.
The inaugural three-day forum, opening on 15 September, will involve retailers, sommeliers and distributors from across the world. "Our aim is to activate the trade and see more quality Australian wines on wine lists and retail shelves around the world by showcasing the nation’s diverse and world leading wines, coupled with its unique blend of culture, food and lifestyle," Wine Australia said.
A wider campaign, in conjunction with Tourism Australia will then roll out in 2014, to promote Australia's wine culture. “It will draw out the connection between Australia’s lifestyle, natural beauty and exceptional wine and promote the unique characters of our wine regions to drive tourism,” the trade body said.
Three other southern hemisphere wine-producing nations, Argentina, Chile and South Africa, have organised a joint-wine-tasting in the UK next year. Organisers said talks were held over Australia's participation and the country may join at a later date.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)