AUS: Wine Australia market development chief to step down
James Gosper has been with Wine Australia for five years
Wine Australia has confirmed the departure of its general manager market development.
The trade association said yesterday (8 May) that James Gosper will step down at the end of this month. Gosper will continue working for Wine Australia until the end of September to “oversee a … transition, especially with the pending merger of Wine Australia and the Grape & Wine Research & Development Corp to form the Australian Grape & Wine Authority”.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the organisation said: “There are no current plans to discontinue the role”.
“I have had a fantastic five years with Wine Australia,” said Gosper. “I now see many exciting opportunities for the future of Australian wine globally, and have decided the time is right to move back into the commercial side of the industry to seize these opportunities.”
Chair George Wahby added: “I would like to … thank James for his exemplary service over the past five years and continued commitment during the transitional period ahead.”
Figures released last month showed that Australia's wine exports fell in volume terms last year by 6%, and were down in value terms by 5.2%.
The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
"The Future of the Wine Market in Australia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research....read more
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts