AUS: Wine Australia begins hunt for export directors
The Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation (AWBC) is looking to make two new appointments to help boost the profile of Australia's wines abroad.
The Government organisation, which promotes the 'Wine Australia' brand in export markets, said late last week that it will make two new senior appointments - a director for the UK,Ireland and Europe, and a director for North America - who will manage Wine Australia's operations in the territories.
"The new structure will give our export platform a more accountable point of contact between strategy development and market opportunity," said AWBC's general manager of market development, Paul Henry. "This will allow us to capitalise on current - and future - possibilities within these key trading environments.
"We're a AUD6bn (US$4bn) industry and approximately half of this value is generated through export sales. This is an exciting opportunity for two individuals to contribute to the future direction of a dynamic and growing category."
Earlier this year, the Australia wine sector conducted a review of its priorities, noting that the UK/Europe, North America and North East Asia are among some of the regions where Australia's export investment must continue to grow.
Wine Australia's UK/Ireland/Europe operations will be based out of London, while the director for North America will be located in New York.
The recruitment for the two positions has already begun, with further details of the vacancies available on the 'employment' page of wineaustralia.com/australia.
The best laid plans, as they say, can go awry. However, for Chris Losh, the Australian wine industry's Direction to 2025 plan has not only been overtaken by events in the country's main markets but wa...
The 2009 Australian vintage is estimated to fall 11% on last year to 1.63 million tonnes. The harvest is just under half way through....
Australian winemakers will be flying to the UK next week to boost the industry's image in specialy 'Australia Day 2009' events....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits