FRANCE: Wine and spirits exports on the rise - figures
French wine and spirits exports totalled EUR4.16bn (US$5.6bn) in the first half of the year, an increase of 7.5% on the corresponding period last year, according to Customs data published by trade body FEVS.
Champagne exports rose 13.1% in value and 8% in volume, while spirits were up 9.1% in value and 20% in volume, the star performer being Cognac.
Exports of still wines increased 4.1% in value and 1.3% in volume but results were mixed depending on the region. AOC wines declined in volume (-3.4%) but rose in value (+3.8%).
"These results highlight that the two main drivers of growth are spirits and Champagne," said Federation president, Philippe Casteja. Moving on to still wines he adds that "thanks to maintaining competitive prices and delivering on quality" these are "taking full advantage of international growth in wine consumption".
However, he goes on to underline the necessity of continuing the reforms already implemented in the still wines segment designed to promote a long-lasting competitiveness.
Marketing spirits as constituents in new or popular cocktails has been a feature of the spirits category for years. And the growing emphasis on attracting younger consumers has meant the cocktail has ...
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported record sales for 2007, with its wine and spirits unit delivering double-digit profit growth....
Vodka continued its surge in the US market in 2007, and distilled spirit sales overall in the country grew for the eighth straight year, up 5.6% in value and 2.4% in volume, according to figures relea...
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first half of its fiscal year....
2007 was the "best year ever" for global sales of Cognac and the "sixth consecutive year of growth", according to trade body Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
Production of vodka, distilled beverages and wine in Russia increased last year, according to the National Alcohol Association....
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in sales for the nine months to the end of December....
CL WorldBrands has announced two senior appointments....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US