FRANCE: Wine and spirits exports down in 2008
French wine and spirits exports declined last year, damaged by a marked slowdown in the final quarter, according to trade body the Fédération des Exportateurs de Vins et Spiritueux (FEVS).
Still wine exports fell 10.5% by volume for the year, FEVS said, adding that value sales rose by 4.7%, but this was largely a result of high prices negotiated on shipments of Bordeaux grands crus 2005 in the first half.
Spirits exports decreased 3.8% in volume and 3.5% in value, hit by a decline in Cognac exports after several years of uninterrupted growth.
Value sales of wine and spirits combined slipped by 0.3%, compared to 2007.
FEVS president Claude de Jouvencel told just-drinks today (20 February) that a sharp deterioration in exports in the last quarter of 2008 is likely to set the tone for 2009, however.
Pernod Ricard USA has today (11 August) launched its off-premise value added pack (VAP) line up for the company's core wine and spirit brands for the next season....
The last few weeks has seen a large number of companies report their interim results, an opportunity to see whether the performance across a wide range of drinks companies from around the world suppor...
This month a 50-year old Glenfiddich whisky was released from Scottish distiller William Grant & Sons, at US$16,500 a bottle. However, oddly enough this is not the most expensive drink ever made....
J Wray & Nephew has launched a promotional campaign in the UK for its Alizé Cognac-based spirits brand....
Maxxium has created a brand ambassador position for Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Courvoisier Cognac brand in the UK....
Cognac house Birkedal Hartmann is to launch a Cognac for the US market, in collaboration with US rap artist Chris "Ludacris" Bridges....
Rémy Cointreau has approved a shareholder dividend of EUR1.3 (US$1.8) for its most recent financial year....
Moët Hennessy, the wine and spirits division of French luxury goods group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), saw sales slide by 17% in the first half of 2009 due to "massive destocking" by distributo...
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits