US: Wine and spirits buoy bullish Fortune Brands
Fortune Brands saw its recently-acquired stable of wine and spirits brands help drive rising sales and earnings during 2005.
The US consumer group, whose drinks arm operates under the Beam Global Wine & Spirits name, today (8 February) posted a 14% rise in operating income to US$1.2bn. Net sales were up 15% to US$7.1bn.
Fortune finished 2005 with "another strong quarter" chairman and CEO Norm Wesley said. Excluding one-off charges, operating income was up 16% to US$305m, on the back of a 24% leap in net sales to US$1.96bn.
"Our newly-acquired spirits and wine brands, including Sauza, Canadian Club, Maker's Mark and Clos du Bois, benefited EPS before charges in the quarter, adding approximately US$0.08 per share," Wesley added.
Wesley said he believed Fortune was "a stronger company" than a year ago.
"The integration of the spirits and wine acquisition is on track, and we continue to expect that these new brands will benefit EPS by US$0.35 or more in 2006," he said.
"While our first quarter expectations reflect costs associated with finalising the transition of our spirits and wine assets, we see accretion from the spirits and wine acquisition getting progressively stronger as the year unfolds."
Wesley added: "Our new product pipeline is fully loaded, we'll continue investing behind our brands, and we'll continue seizing growth opportunities in new markets."
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Beam Global Spirits & Wine, the beverage arm of Fortune Brands, has extended its DeKuyper cordials and liqueurs portfolio in the US....
Fortune Brands has unveiled a fresh corporate identity for its drinks business, six months after snapping up a raft of premium wine and spirits brands from Allied Domecq....
Strong demand for brands such as Jim Beam helped Fortune Brands deliver an 8% rise in sales in its third quarter....
Fortune Brands, Inc. has declared a regular dividend of US$0.36 per share on its common stock....
US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has declared a regular dividend of 33 cents per share on the Common Stock, payable in cash on June 1, 2005, to stockholders of record at the close of business Ma...
Pernod Ricard is to acquire Allied Domecq....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits