UK/NZ: Wine agent PLB to extend NZ offering
UK agent PLB is to extend its range of wines from New Zealand.
PLB, which sells wines from countries including Chile and South Africa, said it would add a Pinot Noir Rosé to its Riversdale range and a Pinot Noir to its Fairfields label. The newcomer to the Fairfields stable will go on sale in May.
"New Zealand is well known for its excellent Sauvignon Blanc, but it also produces a high-quality red wine and demand for that is growing," said Claire Summersby at PLB today (13 March). "As we were able to source a premium Marlborough Pinot Noir we wanted to introduce these to the ranges."
The wines are on sale from GBP6.99 (US$13.49), competing with New Zealand wine brands including Nobilo, Montana and Villa Maria.
PLB handles wines including Chileno and Dumisani from South Africa.
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends