USA: Windsor Named America's Top Award-Winning Winery; 3rd Consecutive Year As Leading Medal Winner in U.S. Wine Competitions
For the third straight year, Sonoma County's Windsor Vineyards, the nation's oldest and largest consumer direct winery, has been named the top award-winning winery in America by California Wine Winners. California Wine Winners is an annual publication that tracks and compiles results from major U.S. wine competitions. The publication's editors tallied gold, silver and bronze medals from nine top U.S. wine competitions using a points system. Windsor scored 526 points in the overall category, topping second place finisher Geyser Peak which had 465 points and third place finisher Kendall-Jackson Winery which had 449 points. "The consistency of our wine quality is underscored by winning this distinction three straight years," said Donna Elias, executive vice president of Windsor Vineyards. "We're delighted to receive such an authoritative distinction." California Wine Winners compiles results from the following wine competitions: Los Angeles County Fair, Orange County Fair, Riverside International Fair, San Francisco International Wine Competition, West Coast Wine Competition, California State Fair, New World International Wine Competition, National Orange Show and San Diego National Wine Competition. For more information on California Wine Winners, contact Varietal Fair at 707/823-8795. Unlike most wineries, Windsor wines are only available through the winery's telephone wine consultants, catalog, tasting rooms and web site. Windsor wines can be delivered to customers in 22 states, including CA, DC, IA, ID, IL, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, VA, WA, WI, WV and portions of AZ, CO, FL and NV. To order wine or to request a catalog, call 800/333-9987, or visit Windsor's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends