USA: Windsor Named America's Top Award-Winning Winery; 3rd Consecutive Year As Leading Medal Winner in U.S. Wine Competitions
For the third straight year, Sonoma County's Windsor Vineyards, the nation's oldest and largest consumer direct winery, has been named the top award-winning winery in America by California Wine Winners. California Wine Winners is an annual publication that tracks and compiles results from major U.S. wine competitions. The publication's editors tallied gold, silver and bronze medals from nine top U.S. wine competitions using a points system. Windsor scored 526 points in the overall category, topping second place finisher Geyser Peak which had 465 points and third place finisher Kendall-Jackson Winery which had 449 points. "The consistency of our wine quality is underscored by winning this distinction three straight years," said Donna Elias, executive vice president of Windsor Vineyards. "We're delighted to receive such an authoritative distinction." California Wine Winners compiles results from the following wine competitions: Los Angeles County Fair, Orange County Fair, Riverside International Fair, San Francisco International Wine Competition, West Coast Wine Competition, California State Fair, New World International Wine Competition, National Orange Show and San Diego National Wine Competition. For more information on California Wine Winners, contact Varietal Fair at 707/823-8795. Unlike most wineries, Windsor wines are only available through the winery's telephone wine consultants, catalog, tasting rooms and web site. Windsor wines can be delivered to customers in 22 states, including CA, DC, IA, ID, IL, MI, MN, MO, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, VA, WA, WI, WV and portions of AZ, CO, FL and NV. To order wine or to request a catalog, call 800/333-9987, or visit Windsor's web site at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review