UK: Willow Spring Water in football tie-up
Willow Spring Water has secured sponsorship deals with two English Premiership football teams.
The water brand, sourced from the Lake District in the north of England, announced earlier this week that it has become the official water for Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur football clubs. Financial details of the tie-up were not disclosed.
The deal sees Willow as the sole water supplier for the clubs' first teams, coaching staff and training academies, as well as sponsorship of the teams' community programmes. Willow will also be available through the 58 on-site kiosks at City's home stadium.
"It is vital that football players stay hydrated before, during and after playing to ensure peak performance levels and we are delighted to have a premium natural functional water in Willow on our side," said Tottenham's sporting director Damien Comolli.
Willow has enjoyed a high profile summer in the UK, through its sponsorship of wakeboard and music festival Wakestock and the Cancer Research 10km Run Summer Series. The water brand will also be prominent at Cancer Research's forthcoming Autumn Series.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020