INDIA: William Grant's and Bacardi sign Indian tie-up
Scotch whisky producer William Grant & Sons has entered into a third party marketing and promotional agreement with Bacardi-Martini for the Indian market.Although the two companies have tie-ups in many other markets, this Indian venture will be restricted to duty free and promotional activities. It will cover Glenfiddich and William Grant's Family Reserva.William Grant's regional director Vincent Heavey told the Indian press that there were no plans to set up a company in India, "but we will review the market as it develops"."We believe there is a great opportunity for our brands in India and are committed to increasing our presence here with the prospect of a more liberalised market in the future," Heavey said.Managing director of Bacardi Martini's Indian operations, Jayant Kapur said: "We see a major opportunity for building the equity of the Glenfiddich and Grant's brands in India, leveraging on the marketing success of Bacardi white and dark rum labels."The association will give us the opportunity to supplement our focused Scotch whisky portfolio with premium whisky and Scotch brands," he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages