INDIA: William Grant's and Bacardi sign Indian tie-up
Scotch whisky producer William Grant & Sons has entered into a third party marketing and promotional agreement with Bacardi-Martini for the Indian market.Although the two companies have tie-ups in many other markets, this Indian venture will be restricted to duty free and promotional activities. It will cover Glenfiddich and William Grant's Family Reserva.William Grant's regional director Vincent Heavey told the Indian press that there were no plans to set up a company in India, "but we will review the market as it develops"."We believe there is a great opportunity for our brands in India and are committed to increasing our presence here with the prospect of a more liberalised market in the future," Heavey said.Managing director of Bacardi Martini's Indian operations, Jayant Kapur said: "We see a major opportunity for building the equity of the Glenfiddich and Grant's brands in India, leveraging on the marketing success of Bacardi white and dark rum labels."The association will give us the opportunity to supplement our focused Scotch whisky portfolio with premium whisky and Scotch brands," he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World