INDIA: William Grant's and Bacardi sign Indian tie-up
Scotch whisky producer William Grant & Sons has entered into a third party marketing and promotional agreement with Bacardi-Martini for the Indian market.Although the two companies have tie-ups in many other markets, this Indian venture will be restricted to duty free and promotional activities. It will cover Glenfiddich and William Grant's Family Reserva.William Grant's regional director Vincent Heavey told the Indian press that there were no plans to set up a company in India, "but we will review the market as it develops"."We believe there is a great opportunity for our brands in India and are committed to increasing our presence here with the prospect of a more liberalised market in the future," Heavey said.Managing director of Bacardi Martini's Indian operations, Jayant Kapur said: "We see a major opportunity for building the equity of the Glenfiddich and Grant's brands in India, leveraging on the marketing success of Bacardi white and dark rum labels."The association will give us the opportunity to supplement our focused Scotch whisky portfolio with premium whisky and Scotch brands," he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss