INDIA: William Grant's and Bacardi sign Indian tie-up
Scotch whisky producer William Grant & Sons has entered into a third party marketing and promotional agreement with Bacardi-Martini for the Indian market.Although the two companies have tie-ups in many other markets, this Indian venture will be restricted to duty free and promotional activities. It will cover Glenfiddich and William Grant's Family Reserva.William Grant's regional director Vincent Heavey told the Indian press that there were no plans to set up a company in India, "but we will review the market as it develops"."We believe there is a great opportunity for our brands in India and are committed to increasing our presence here with the prospect of a more liberalised market in the future," Heavey said.Managing director of Bacardi Martini's Indian operations, Jayant Kapur said: "We see a major opportunity for building the equity of the Glenfiddich and Grant's brands in India, leveraging on the marketing success of Bacardi white and dark rum labels."The association will give us the opportunity to supplement our focused Scotch whisky portfolio with premium whisky and Scotch brands," he added.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research