CZECH/SLOVAKIA: William Grant switches Stock Spirits for Remy Cointreau
Tullamore Dew's distribution will switch to Remy Cointreau in September
William Grant & Sons is set to switch the distribution of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand in Czech and Slovakia from Stock Spirits to Remy Cointreau.
Stock's Czech unit, Stock Plzen, will hand over the distribution rights, which it has held for ten years, in September, the company said earlier this week. Remy Cointreau will also be responsible for all of William Grant's brands in the two countries.
Stock Spirits, which acquired Stock Plzen in 2007, started distributing Tullamore Dew in Czech in 2004, with the brand becoming the most popular Irish whiskey in the country within four years.
Tullamore Dew currently accounts for almost 30% of the total whisk(e)y market in Czech.
William Grant acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group in 2010.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller