CZECH/SLOVAKIA: William Grant switches Stock Spirits for Remy Cointreau
Tullamore Dew's distribution will switch to Remy Cointreau in September
William Grant & Sons is set to switch the distribution of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand in Czech and Slovakia from Stock Spirits to Remy Cointreau.
Stock's Czech unit, Stock Plzen, will hand over the distribution rights, which it has held for ten years, in September, the company said earlier this week. Remy Cointreau will also be responsible for all of William Grant's brands in the two countries.
Stock Spirits, which acquired Stock Plzen in 2007, started distributing Tullamore Dew in Czech in 2004, with the brand becoming the most popular Irish whiskey in the country within four years.
Tullamore Dew currently accounts for almost 30% of the total whisk(e)y market in Czech.
William Grant acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group in 2010.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research