CZECH/SLOVAKIA: William Grant switches Stock Spirits for Remy Cointreau
Tullamore Dew's distribution will switch to Remy Cointreau in September
William Grant & Sons is set to switch the distribution of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand in Czech and Slovakia from Stock Spirits to Remy Cointreau.
Stock's Czech unit, Stock Plzen, will hand over the distribution rights, which it has held for ten years, in September, the company said earlier this week. Remy Cointreau will also be responsible for all of William Grant's brands in the two countries.
Stock Spirits, which acquired Stock Plzen in 2007, started distributing Tullamore Dew in Czech in 2004, with the brand becoming the most popular Irish whiskey in the country within four years.
Tullamore Dew currently accounts for almost 30% of the total whisk(e)y market in Czech.
William Grant acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group in 2010.
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
For a category that sells around 146.4m cases annually, it may seem unusual to characterise Rum as a relatively unexploited opportunity. Indeed it is already a diverse and eclectic category with a wid...
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Belgium beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and a...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research