BALTICS: William Grant, SPI Group extend distribution partnership
William Grant & Sons has lined up a distribution agreement with SPI Group in the Baltic countries.
The UK-base spirits company, which secured distribution of SPI's Stolichnaya vodka brand in the US late last year, said today (17 August) that SPI will hande distribution of its core global brands, Glenfiddich, Grant's and The Balvenie Scotch whiskies and Hendrick's gin, in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia.
William Grant had previously used MV Baltic to handle its distribution in Lithuania, Altia Corporation in Estonia and Park MV in Latvia. When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said: "The decision to move to SPI is part of a broader relationship we have with SPI in some key markets around the world."
"We are pleased to extend our relationship with SPI Group and leverage the advantages of their pan-Baltic distribution capabilities in the region," said Gordon Dron, William Grant's managing director for Europe. "We would also like to thank our incumbent distributors who have secured a strong position for our business in the Baltics and we look forward to building on this success."
SPI has distribution operations in Latvia (AV&D), Lithuania (Bennet Distribution), Estonia (Divinum) and Kaliningrad (Rostwestalko).
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US