UK: William Grant & Sons updates Three Barrels in UK
Click through to view the updated packaging for William Grant & Sons' Three Barrels
William Grant & Sons has lined up a packaging refresh and size addition for its Three Barrels brandy in the UK.
The company, which took over Three Barrels when it bought French brandy company Raynal & Cie in 2005, said today (12 December) that it will update the packaging across the range early next year in the country. Prior to this, a 50cl VSOP launches this month, “to meet growing consumer demand for a selection of premium spirits across a range of price points”.
The 50cl offering joins size variants of 5cl, 20cl, 35cl, 70cl and 1-litre for Three Barrels in the UK.
“We know that trial among consumers is driven by smaller formats and, with the VSOP category in growth, … there is a real opportunity to recruit new drinkers to the category through Three Barrels,” said senior brand manager Oliver Dickson.
Distribution in the UK is handled by William Grant's First Drinks sales marketing and distribution unit in the country. Three Barrels is also available in Nigeria and in Global Travel Retail.
Prior to the acquisition seven years ago, Three Barrels was produced in the Cognac region of France, although William Grant closed the Raynal & Cie facility in 2008. Today, it is matured and blended in Burgundy.
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report