UK: William Grant & Sons unveils new finance chief
William Grant & Sons is changing its group FD
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Mike Lamont will replace Dermid Strain, who is leaving the company at the end of this month for "personal reasons", a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (17 April). Lamont has recently been involved with William Grant & Sons in "developing commerical opportunities", the company said.
He had previously served as the group's finance director for its sales & marketing division, but then left the Glenfiddich producer to "pursue some private equity opportunities", a statement said.
The news comes after William Grant announced the appointment of a new boss for its US division yesterday.
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD