UK: William Grant & Sons unveils new finance chief
William Grant & Sons is changing its group FD
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Mike Lamont will replace Dermid Strain, who is leaving the company at the end of this month for "personal reasons", a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (17 April). Lamont has recently been involved with William Grant & Sons in "developing commerical opportunities", the company said.
He had previously served as the group's finance director for its sales & marketing division, but then left the Glenfiddich producer to "pursue some private equity opportunities", a statement said.
The news comes after William Grant announced the appointment of a new boss for its US division yesterday.
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Belvedere unveils executive team