UK: William Grant & Sons unveils new finance chief
William Grant & Sons is changing its group FD
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Mike Lamont will replace Dermid Strain, who is leaving the company at the end of this month for "personal reasons", a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (17 April). Lamont has recently been involved with William Grant & Sons in "developing commerical opportunities", the company said.
He had previously served as the group's finance director for its sales & marketing division, but then left the Glenfiddich producer to "pursue some private equity opportunities", a statement said.
The news comes after William Grant announced the appointment of a new boss for its US division yesterday.
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Over 2012, much dynamism in the premium and ultra-premium segments was observed from companies importing and distributing spirits. For instance, Diageo Venezuela introduced Buchanan´s Master and Johnn...
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL