UK: William Grant & Sons unveils new finance chief
William Grant & Sons is changing its group FD
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Mike Lamont will replace Dermid Strain, who is leaving the company at the end of this month for "personal reasons", a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (17 April). Lamont has recently been involved with William Grant & Sons in "developing commerical opportunities", the company said.
He had previously served as the group's finance director for its sales & marketing division, but then left the Glenfiddich producer to "pursue some private equity opportunities", a statement said.
The news comes after William Grant announced the appointment of a new boss for its US division yesterday.
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014