UK: William Grant & Sons unveils new finance chief
William Grant & Sons is changing its group FD
William Grant & Sons has appointed a new group finance director.
Mike Lamont will replace Dermid Strain, who is leaving the company at the end of this month for "personal reasons", a spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today (17 April). Lamont has recently been involved with William Grant & Sons in "developing commerical opportunities", the company said.
He had previously served as the group's finance director for its sales & marketing division, but then left the Glenfiddich producer to "pursue some private equity opportunities", a statement said.
The news comes after William Grant announced the appointment of a new boss for its US division yesterday.
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research