UK: William Grant & Sons unveils limited edition Balvenie
William Grant & Sons has launched an addition to its Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies range.
The limited edition Balvenie Rum Cask 17 Year Old will be available in the UK and limited markets worldwide from September, the company said today (22 July). It will retail at RRP GBP65 (US$130) a bottle, and has an abv of 43%.
Malt Master David Stewart said: "This is only the second time we have experimented with maturing The Balvenie in rum cask. This sweet and intense 17 year old is an exceptionally pleasurable result."
Earlier this month William Grant & Sons US appointed Sam Simmons as the "first-ever" Balvenie brand ambassador. Simmons, who has spent the past six years in the UK hosting whisky tasting events and serving on Scotch judging panels in the industry, has gained global recognition under the name Dr Whisky with an online whisky blog of tasting notes and whisky history, the independent family distiller said.
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
Heaven Hill Distilleries has added two new flavours to its O'Mara's Irish Country Cream....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has appointed Philip Raimondo as national accounts mixologist....
The three leading distillers in the Czech Republic all reported a sales rise in 2008, indicating that global economic problems have yet to bite....
Diageo has secured a site in the US Virgin Islands for the construction of its previously-announced Captain Morgan rum distillery....
More than 100 bottles of Grant's whisky have been stolen from a lorry in the UK, police have reported....
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon has come under fire from industry rivals following its decision to offer a GBP0.99 (US$1.44) pint....
UK pub chain JD Wetherspoon is cutting the price of a pint of beer to GBP0.99 (US$1.44) as part of new discounts for 2009....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends