Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons' Tullamore D.E.W. 12-year-old
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Tullamore D.E.W. 12-year-old
William Grant & Sons' Tullamore D.E.W. 12-year-old
Category - Spirits, whisky, Irish, single malt
Available - From earlier this Summer, for a limited - albeit unspecified - time
Location - Travel retail, exclusively in outlets operated by Heinemann Duty Free
Price - EUR34.90 (US$45) per 1-litre bottle
Distribution - William Grant
William Grant & Sons has partnered with Heinemann Duty Free to launch a limited edition 12-year-old single malt version of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand.
The variant will only be available from Heinemann's stores at 24 European airports, including Berlin Tegel and Schoenefeld, Frankfurt, Oslo and Vienna.
In March, the company confirmed plans to build a distillery exclusively for Tullamore Dew in Ireland.
Following the launch of the new look bottle for Tullamore D.E.W. into global travel retail, William Grant & Sons has partnered with Heinemann Duty Free to offer an exclusive 12 year old Single Malt Limited Edition expression. This new exclusive, a small batch of non chill filtered, smooth single malt Irish whiskey finished to perfection in specially selected sherry casks will be available across all Heinemann own retail shops.
Says WG&S André De Almeida Europe Regional Director: “Tullamore D.E.W. continues to move from strength to strength and this exclusive travel retail exclusive for Heinemann Duty Free is indicative of the commitment the brand has to the category. Hot on the heels of launching the new look bottle and advertising campaign and on the back of a EUR35 million investment into a new distillery in Tullamore, the brand continues to demonstrate the reason why it’s the world’s number two Irish whiskey brand.
“We’re delighted to be working with Heinemann on this project. They prove time and time again to be excellent partners and great brand builders within the channel – always keen to offer differentiated products that are not available on the High Street which will appeal to travellers looking for a special purchase and/or gift,’ continues André. ‘The combination of highly trained, consumer focussed staff and the attraction of outstanding visual display and a commitment to consumer interaction makes us very confident that Heinemann is the perfect partner in this case.”
Rüdiger Stelkens, Head of Purchasing LTC at Gebr. Heinemann adds: “We are delighted to be working with William Grant & Sons to retail this exclusive expression of Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey is a growing category within travel retail and, as always, we strive to offer customers something unique and special. Tullamore D.E.W. 12 Year Old Single Malt Sherry Cask will prove to be an exciting brand initiative both for Heinemann and WG&S.”
Original source: Company Release
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research