UK: William Grant & Sons toasts record sales in FY results
- Net sales increase by 9% to GBP1.05bn (US$1.7bn)
- Operating profit down by 4.6% to GBP126.3m
- Glenfiddich and Grants brands see value outstrip volume growth
William Grant & Sons released its 2011 results today (5 October)
Net sales increased by 9% to GBP1.05bn (US$1.7bn) in the last calendar year, the UK-based spirits company said today (5 October). Operating profits, however, decreased by 4.6% to GBP126.3m over the same period.
William Grant is privately-owned and not required to release complete annual financial details.
Company CEO Stella David said: “Whilst 2011 saw some tough global economic conditions, the company performed well thanks to the continued success of our premium spirits brands and our consistent focus on building brand equity, improving our route to market and investing for the long-term.”
Core brands Glenfiddich and Grants both found value growth ahead of volume growth, the company said without giving details. Single malt Glenfiddich sold about 1m cases, while Grants sold about 5m, the company said.
Newly-acquired Tequila brand Milagro “is performing well” in its core markets of the US and Mexico, the company said.
In April, Glenn Gordon was announced as William Grant & Sons' new non-executive chairman, replacing Peter Gordon.
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research