Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons’ The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
William Grant & Sons’ The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
Available - from this month. Limited to 2,862 bottles
Location - worldwide, stockists yet to be announced
Price - RRP GBP160.99 (US$250)
The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5 has been produced by malt master David Stewart, who chose whisky matured in five traditional whisky casks and four Sherry butts. The oldest whisky used is 45 years-old while the youngest is 21 years-old.
Only 2,362 bottles are being made available, with 800 for the UK market.
At a tasting in central London yesterday (27 June) to launch the whisky, Stewart told journalists: “It was a good chance to use some of our aged stocks. I wanted to see if I could create something where they all mixed together.”
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager