Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons’ The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
William Grant & Sons’ The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5
Available - from this month. Limited to 2,862 bottles
Location - worldwide, stockists yet to be announced
Price - RRP GBP160.99 (US$250)
The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 5 has been produced by malt master David Stewart, who chose whisky matured in five traditional whisky casks and four Sherry butts. The oldest whisky used is 45 years-old while the youngest is 21 years-old.
Only 2,362 bottles are being made available, with 800 for the UK market.
At a tasting in central London yesterday (27 June) to launch the whisky, Stewart told journalists: “It was a good chance to use some of our aged stocks. I wanted to see if I could create something where they all mixed together.”
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report