Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons' The Balvenie Triple Cask range
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' The Balvenie Triple Cask range
William Grant & Sons' The Balvenie Triple Cask range
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt
Available - From this month
Location - Global travel retail exclusively
Price - 12-year-old, GBP49.99 (US$77) per 1-litre bottle, 16-year-old, GBP64.99 per 70cl bottle, 25-year-old, GBP299 per 75cl bottle
Distribution - William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has launched a travel retail-exclusive range from its The Balvenie Scotch whisky brand. The Balvenie Triple Cask comprises a 12-year-old, a 16-year-old and a 25-year-old expression.
Earlier this year, William Grant launched another Balvenie travel retail iteration: The Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch 7 retails at GBP175 (US$277) per bottle.
Delhi Duty Free is the first retailer in the Indian Sub Continent to introduce the new The Balvenie Triple Cask range from William Grant & Sons. Comprising 12 year old, 16 year old and 25 year old variants, Balvenie Triple Cask has been developed exclusively for the global travel retail sector and has a unique proposition.
The range has been introduced to Delhi Duty Free during July using special merchandising units created to give high visibility to the range.
Says WGS (title) Neeraj Sharma: ‘After the great success of The Balvenie range in both global travel retail and domestic business we have decided to provide international travellers an opportunity to discover more from a differentiated range of handcrafted Single Malt whiskies crafted by Malt Master David Stewart.’
The Triple Cask range offers expressions of The Balvenie that have matured in the three most traditional types of cask – first-fill bourbon, refill bourbon and sherry; all in a large wooden vessel known as a marrying tun. Each offers something unique: The Triple Cask 12 year old is elegantly sweet and spicy, with a mellow taste of dried fruits, vanilla and cinnamon; the Triple Cask 16 year old delivers a rich vanilla sweetness alongside hints of toffee and gentle oak; and the Triple Cask 25 year old is deep, rich and complex, with silky oak and spice and an exceptionally long and warming finish.
Adds Sharma: ‘Single Malts are a growing sector at Delhi Duty Free with sales increases quite significantly above other liquor categories, so we are confident that the new Balvenie Triple Cask range will have real appeal to travellers – particularly because it is exclusive to the channel and therefore cannot be found on domestic markets. This gives added gift and collecting appeal to the range.’
Said Steve O Connor, CEO, Delhi Duty Free: “Delhi Duty Free is viewed today as a premium retail destination within India catering to a diverse audience, who are well traveled and brand conscious. We have find tremendous customer interest in all versions of the Balvenie Single Malt and are honored to be a part of the worldwide launch of “Balvenie Triple Cask Range”. It’s a drink of choice for those who appreciate the finer things in life. As a category the single malts is critical to our liquor strategy. Today Delhi duty free offers one of the widest and rarest collections of single malts in the world.”
Original source: Company Release
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends