TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons tempts Edrington exec to head European travel retail
William Grant & Sons has appointed André de Almeida to the role of director Europe travel retail.
De Almeida is the current area director for Edrington with responsibility for the Middle East, Turkey and Americas duty-free. He will take up his new Glasgow-based post on 16 July.
He will report to Rita Greenwood, William Grant's managing director for global travel retail.
“André will have a critical role to play as we seek to reshape our European business and further build our relationships with key global customers,” said Greenwood.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research