GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons targets innovation with new position
Kevin Abrook changes roles at William Grant & Sons on 1 September
William Grant & Sons has created the role of global whisky specialist, innovation, with its current marketing head for whisky innovation set to fill the post.
Kevin Abrook, who previously worked for C&C Group's international division as marketing manager before joining William Grant in 2010, will move to the “bespoke role” at the start of next month. He will be charged with “exciting, informing and educating both trade and consumers about the company’s latest innovations,” William Grant said.
The brands currently in the firm's innovation portfolio are Kininvie, The Girvan Patent Still and William Grant & Sons’ Rare Cask Reserves.
Abrook will also be involved in “developing brand new whiskies”.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said it has begun a recruitment process to find a new global marketing manager for innovation.
William Grant & Sons Ltd is set to continue innovating its spirits portfolio by introducing new flavours to mature categories and to build on the success of its 2014 launches such as Three Barrels’ Ho...
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
William Grant & Sons is to launch a new Kininvie single malt that uses the first liquid to be produced at the 25-year-old distillery....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
William Grant & Sons has released two whiskies under the Rare Cask Reserve banner. ...
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends