TURKEY/UK: William Grant & Sons switches Turkish distribution
William Grant & Sons is changing distribution partners in Turkey
William Grant & Sons has confirmed details of a change of distributor in Turkey.
The spirits company said late last week that independent drinks group bT will handle its spirits in the country, starting from this month. When contacted by just-drinks today (23 July), a spokesperson for William Grant said that bT will be replacing Esmark as its distributor.
The Turkish firm will also be responsible for sales and marketing.
“There have been many changes recently within the competitive distributor landscape in Turkey,” said the William Grant spokesperson. “This is a market which William Grant sees as strategically significant. bT, and their strengths within the premium on-trade, offer William Grant a significant opportunity to step change our business and leap forward.”
bT was founded in 1974 as a specialist wine and spirits distribution company. Its portfolio of agency brands also includes Möet & Chandon, Dom Perignon, Russian Standard and Patron Tequila.
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits