US: William Grant & Sons sells US wine brands to TBS
William Grant & Sons has sold its non-proprietary wine portfolio in the US to Total Beverage Solution.
The family-owned company's US unit said yesterday (2 September) that it divested the Altanuta, Tiziano, Big Red Monster, and Scarlatta premium wine brands to drinks importer TBS for an undisclosed fee.
TBS will also assume the US distribution rights of Marco Negri from 1 September, while William Grant will continue to represent Lillet and the company-owned brands, Bennett Family Wines and Colombo.
"We made the decision to sell several of our wine brands in an effort to further focus on our portfolio of super-premium spirits," said Simon Hunt, managing director of William Grant in North America. "We are confident that the sale of our wine portfolio will provide us with the opportunity to dedicate more resources to our rapidly growing spirits brands."
TBS president, Dave Pardus, added: "We are excited to have concluded this cooperative brand purchase from such a well-respected company as William Grant & Sons. We were looking to expand our presence in the fine wine category, and they were looking to re-focus their resources against their core brands, so it is a transaction that helps both of our companies."
Pernod Ricard's unexpected move for Absolut in March set the tone for a year in which Diageo eschewed any significant acquisitions in favour of joint deals with existing brand owners. Olly Wehring rev...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
William Grant & Sons has lined up an on-pack promotion in the UK for its namesake Scotch whisky brand....
Scotch whisky group William Grant & Sons has signed a new distribution deal in the US with The Charmer Sunbelt Group, as part of its strategy to reinvigorate Stolichnaya vodka in the country....
William Grant & Sons has officially opened its new Ailsa Bay malt distillery in Scotland....
William Grant & Sons has lined up the launch of a travel retail exclusive variant of its The Balvenie Scotch whisky brand....
More than 100 bottles of Grant's whisky have been stolen from a lorry in the UK, police have reported....
Russian Standard Vodka has signed a partnership deal with French distribution company Lixir....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020