UK: William Grant & Sons sales veteran to retire after 30 years
William Grant & Sons has announced the retirement of its longest-serving sales director.
Paul Ellis, who has been the company's sales director for the Middle East and Arabian Gulf, leaves the company at the end of this month after more than 30 years service, the company said today (17 March).
Ellis played a part in the development of William Grant's business first across Africa, the Middle East and Arabian Gulf and Indian sub-continent before relocating to Cyprus in 1996 when he became sales director for the Middle East and Arabian Gulf.
"Paul has made a tremendous contribution to the success of our business in his area during his 30 years' service," said James Doherty, William Grant's managing director for developing markets. "On behalf of everyone at William Grant & Sons, I would like to thank him for his hard work and commitment which has helped establish a sustainable and profitable branded business in the Middle East and provided a solid foundation for the future."
The company noted that it is in the process of looking for a new regional manager for the Middle East and Arabian Gulf travel retail, who would report to William Grant's global travel retail director, Rita Greenwood.
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a series of new packaging designs for its Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18-year-old single malt Scotch whiskies....
William Grant & Sons has announced a sponsorship deal with Classic FM for its Grant's whisky brand in the UK....
SPI Group has revamped the packaging of its Stolichnaya vodka brand, in an attempt to move away from the brands "Authenticity" message....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a distribution agreement with SPI Group in the Baltic countries....
This month a 50-year old Glenfiddich whisky was released from Scottish distiller William Grant & Sons, at US$16,500 a bottle. However, oddly enough this is not the most expensive drink ever made....
The Balvenie Distillery in Speyside Scotland has become a supporting member of non-profit organisation, Slow Food in the UK....
William Grant & Sons is to release its stock of Glenfiddich 50 Year Old single malt Scotch whisky, at GBP10,000 per bottle....
William Grant & Sons has secured several partnership deals for its Balvenie single malt Scotch whisky brand....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research