RUSSIA/UK: William Grant & Sons, Russian Standard call time on distribution tie-ups
- Russian Standard to drop William Grant & Sons' brands in Russia from 1 July
- William Grant to give up Russian Standard's vodkas in the UK from 1 January
- Synergy Group takes over from Russian Standard in Russia
Russian Standard will cease distribution of William Grants' brands in Russia from 1 July
William Grant & Sons and Russian Standard have confirmed that they will end their distribution agreements in Russia and the UK.
The two companies jointly announced earlier today (5 April) that the decision has been reached by mutual consent.
With effect from 1 July, Russian Standard will no longer distribute William Grant's portfolio in Russia. Meanwhile, in the UK, William Grant's UK distribution company, First Drinks Brands, will cease distribution of Russian Standard's vodka brands in the UK at the end of this year.
While neither company commented further on the matter, just-drinks understands that the five-year partnership between the two in Russia is scheduled to end on 1 July. The relationship in the UK, however, will cease ahead of its formerly agreed date.
To coincide with the joint announcement, William Grant said today that it has set up of a five-year sales and distribution agreement in Russia with Synergy Group, who will take over from Russian Standard from 1 July. The two companies “will also explore the establishment of a joint-venture company for the longer term,” William Grant added.
William Grant & Sons has told just-drinks that it has continued to benefit from healthy demand for spirits around the world in 2011, despite concerns of a fresh economic crisis....
Johnnie Walker has strengthened its position as the biggest-selling spirits brand in the travel retail channel, ahead of next week's TFWA exhibition in Cannes....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends