UK: William Grant & Sons releases limited edition Balvenie Scotch
A limited edition Scotch whisky, The Balvenie Madeira Cask 17 Year Old, has been released by distiller William Grant & Sons.
Matured in oak and finished in casks previosuly used to hold Madeira fortified wine, The Balvenie Madeira Cask is the latest in a series of six 17-year-old, limited edition whiskies by Balvenie master disiller David Stewart.
The new single malt Balvenie will be available "for a limited period" worldwide from September, priced at around GBP69.99 and with an abv of 43%.
Stewart said: "The 17 year old whisky extracted some wonderful rich spice and distinct raisin flavours from the Madeira cask, which we hope malt enthusiasts will enjoy discovering in the glass."
Last year, William Grant released The Balvenie Rum Cask 17 Year Old, as part of the same series.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read Comment Pieces of 2009....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
A French court ruling to recognise the case of creditors due a total of EUR375m (US$535m) from struggling drinks group Belvédère will not damage the firm's relaunch plan, its lawyer has told just-drin...
Chivas Brothers has launched a print advertising campaign for its Royal Salute brand. The campaign will be launched in January 2010, initially in China and will then be rolled out through the Asian re...
Highland Park's The Earl Magnus Edition 1...
Blavod Wines & Spirits has reported strong sales growth in the first half of its fiscal year, but said profits were held back by a poor performance from its Black Vodka brand....
Ian Macleod Distillers has signed a deal for its Isle of Skye Scotch whisky to sponsor Scottish Racing....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research