UK: William Grant & Sons recruits football legends for Grant's campaign - video
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a GBP1m (US$1.7m) UK marketing campaign for its Grant's Scotch whisky featuring footballing legends Geoff Hurst and Archie Gemmill.
The distiller said today (4 June) that “Stand Together” includes a collection of online interviews with the former players. The campaign will also run in print and digital media, with in-store and on-pack activity rolled out later in the year.
“The sports platform is an ideal way for us to engage with our target drinkers and drive new consumers to the category,” a William Grant spokesperson said.
Hurst won the World Cup in 1966 with England, while Gemmill played for Scotland's 1978 World Cup team. England's World Cup winning goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, also features in the campaign.
William Grant has also launched a Grant's partnership with UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph, featuring former cricketer Mark Ramprakash and ex-athlete Colin Jackson, It started last month and will run through to December.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch InBev launched a second global TV ad to mark Budweiser’s sponsorship of the World Cup, which begins next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages