UK: William Grant & Sons recruits football legends for Grant's campaign - video
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a GBP1m (US$1.7m) UK marketing campaign for its Grant's Scotch whisky featuring footballing legends Geoff Hurst and Archie Gemmill.
The distiller said today (4 June) that “Stand Together” includes a collection of online interviews with the former players. The campaign will also run in print and digital media, with in-store and on-pack activity rolled out later in the year.
“The sports platform is an ideal way for us to engage with our target drinkers and drive new consumers to the category,” a William Grant spokesperson said.
Hurst won the World Cup in 1966 with England, while Gemmill played for Scotland's 1978 World Cup team. England's World Cup winning goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, also features in the campaign.
William Grant has also launched a Grant's partnership with UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph, featuring former cricketer Mark Ramprakash and ex-athlete Colin Jackson, It started last month and will run through to December.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch InBev launched a second global TV ad to mark Budweiser’s sponsorship of the World Cup, which begins next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research