UK: William Grant & Sons recruits football legends for Grant's campaign - video
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a GBP1m (US$1.7m) UK marketing campaign for its Grant's Scotch whisky featuring footballing legends Geoff Hurst and Archie Gemmill.
The distiller said today (4 June) that “Stand Together” includes a collection of online interviews with the former players. The campaign will also run in print and digital media, with in-store and on-pack activity rolled out later in the year.
“The sports platform is an ideal way for us to engage with our target drinkers and drive new consumers to the category,” a William Grant spokesperson said.
Hurst won the World Cup in 1966 with England, while Gemmill played for Scotland's 1978 World Cup team. England's World Cup winning goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, also features in the campaign.
William Grant has also launched a Grant's partnership with UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph, featuring former cricketer Mark Ramprakash and ex-athlete Colin Jackson, It started last month and will run through to December.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch InBev launched a second global TV ad to mark Budweiser’s sponsorship of the World Cup, which begins next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev's CEO has said he is confident the US beer market will continue to improve this year....
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
The beer industry's obsession with craft beer may have hit a peak of sorts with Anheuser-Busch InBev's snarky Super Bowl ad mocking craft beer lovers as soft and undeserving of "brewed the hard way" b...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research