UK: William Grant & Sons recruits football legends for Grant's campaign - video
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a GBP1m (US$1.7m) UK marketing campaign for its Grant's Scotch whisky featuring footballing legends Geoff Hurst and Archie Gemmill.
The distiller said today (4 June) that “Stand Together” includes a collection of online interviews with the former players. The campaign will also run in print and digital media, with in-store and on-pack activity rolled out later in the year.
“The sports platform is an ideal way for us to engage with our target drinkers and drive new consumers to the category,” a William Grant spokesperson said.
Hurst won the World Cup in 1966 with England, while Gemmill played for Scotland's 1978 World Cup team. England's World Cup winning goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, also features in the campaign.
William Grant has also launched a Grant's partnership with UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph, featuring former cricketer Mark Ramprakash and ex-athlete Colin Jackson, It started last month and will run through to December.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch InBev launched a second global TV ad to mark Budweiser’s sponsorship of the World Cup, which begins next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
The US arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev has announced a "multi-million dollar" partnership with the National Park Foundation (NPF), the official charity of national parks in the country, and its Budweiser ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets