UK: William Grant & Sons recruits football legends for Grant's campaign - video
William Grant & Sons has unveiled a GBP1m (US$1.7m) UK marketing campaign for its Grant's Scotch whisky featuring footballing legends Geoff Hurst and Archie Gemmill.
The distiller said today (4 June) that “Stand Together” includes a collection of online interviews with the former players. The campaign will also run in print and digital media, with in-store and on-pack activity rolled out later in the year.
“The sports platform is an ideal way for us to engage with our target drinkers and drive new consumers to the category,” a William Grant spokesperson said.
Hurst won the World Cup in 1966 with England, while Gemmill played for Scotland's 1978 World Cup team. England's World Cup winning goalkeeper, Gordon Banks, also features in the campaign.
William Grant has also launched a Grant's partnership with UK newspaper The Daily Telegraph, featuring former cricketer Mark Ramprakash and ex-athlete Colin Jackson, It started last month and will run through to December.
Last month, Anheuser-Busch InBev launched a second global TV ad to mark Budweiser’s sponsorship of the World Cup, which begins next week.
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
There was general agreement among analysts that Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q1 results yesterday were better than expected....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
Anheuser-Busch InBev’s deep geographical presence and extensive brand portfolio should make the company less susceptible to competitive challenges on a global platform. However, a more in-depth assess...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review