MEXICO: William Grant & Sons recruit Zubieta to head up Mexico operations
William Grant & Sons has appointed a former Red Bull exec to become GM in Mexico
William Grant & Sons is targetting the Mexican spirits market for growth, with the creation of the role of GM in the country.
The UK-based spirits company, which owns the Glenfiddich Scotch whisky brand, said yesterday (16 August) that the former general manager of Red Bull in Mexico, Luis Zubieta, has moved across to fill the equivalent position at William Grant & Sons Mexico. Zubieta assumed the role from Monday (15 August), the firm noted.
Zubieta's primary responsibilities will include the management of the company's Milagro Tequila business, as well as the development of the company's spirits portfolio in the Mexican market. He has previously been president & MD for Media Planning Group, regional manager & national marketing director for Group Danone, and has held roles with companies including Blockbuster Video, PepsiCo and Procter & Gamble Mexico.
"With … a track record of driving strong business results … Luis is a great addition to our team," said William Grant’s president & MD of North America & Mexico, Simon Hunt.
The spirits category is up next in this, the third part of just-drinks' first management briefing of 2012. Here, Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington, alcoholics drinks analysts at Euromonitor Int...
Having recently returned from his travels, Ian Buxton reports back on some of the more outlandish attempts to innovate in the notoriously traditionalist world of whisk(e)y....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1