UK: William Grant & Sons readies chairman transition
Glenn Gordon will replace his cousin, Peter, as chairman of William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has confirmed details of a change of chairman.
The UK-based spirits company, which owns the Glenfiddich and Grant's Scotch whisky brands, said this morning (30 April) that Glenn Gordon will become its new non-executive chairman. Gordon, who is the great-great grandson of company founder William Grant, replaces Peter Gordon, who assumed the role four years ago.
“I am very proud of the significant strides that our business has achieved over the last four years as a result of everyone’s efforts,” said Peter Gordon, who will continue to be a board member, the company said. “A seamless transition between me and Glenn will ensure we maintain our current pace.”
The current board also comprises Javier Ferran as vice chairman, Charles Gordon, Fergus Chamberlain, Robert Pollet, Iain Napier, CEO Stella David and CFO Dermid Strain.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux....
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends