UK: William Grant & Sons readies chairman transition
Glenn Gordon will replace his cousin, Peter, as chairman of William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has confirmed details of a change of chairman.
The UK-based spirits company, which owns the Glenfiddich and Grant's Scotch whisky brands, said this morning (30 April) that Glenn Gordon will become its new non-executive chairman. Gordon, who is the great-great grandson of company founder William Grant, replaces Peter Gordon, who assumed the role four years ago.
“I am very proud of the significant strides that our business has achieved over the last four years as a result of everyone’s efforts,” said Peter Gordon, who will continue to be a board member, the company said. “A seamless transition between me and Glenn will ensure we maintain our current pace.”
The current board also comprises Javier Ferran as vice chairman, Charles Gordon, Fergus Chamberlain, Robert Pollet, Iain Napier, CEO Stella David and CFO Dermid Strain.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux....
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends