UK: William Grant & Sons readies chairman transition
Glenn Gordon will replace his cousin, Peter, as chairman of William Grant & Sons
William Grant & Sons has confirmed details of a change of chairman.
The UK-based spirits company, which owns the Glenfiddich and Grant's Scotch whisky brands, said this morning (30 April) that Glenn Gordon will become its new non-executive chairman. Gordon, who is the great-great grandson of company founder William Grant, replaces Peter Gordon, who assumed the role four years ago.
“I am very proud of the significant strides that our business has achieved over the last four years as a result of everyone’s efforts,” said Peter Gordon, who will continue to be a board member, the company said. “A seamless transition between me and Glenn will ensure we maintain our current pace.”
The current board also comprises Javier Ferran as vice chairman, Charles Gordon, Fergus Chamberlain, Robert Pollet, Iain Napier, CEO Stella David and CFO Dermid Strain.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux....
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research