GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons makes Tullamore Dew brand ambassador, director appointments
Tullamore Dew now has a global brand ambassador and manager
William Grant & Sons has created two global brand roles for its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey.
The UK-based spirits company, which acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group last year, said today (12 May) that Shane Hoyne will move from Heineken to become global brand director. Hoyne has spent the last 13 years with the brewer, most recently as senior brand director for Heineken USA. He began his career with Grant’s of Ireland in the mid-1990s as brand manager for a portfolio, which at the time included Tullamore Dew.
The company has also appointed John Quinn as the first global brand ambassador for Tullamore Dew. Quinn has worked with Tullamore Dew for around 30 years in a variety of roles including regional director in markets including Latin America, Eastern Europe, France, Israel and the Middle East.
Separately, William Grant said it is lining up a “significant programme of investment” in the brand, which will see the launch of a worldwide advertising campaign later this year.
Kirin Holdings has cleared a major hurdle in agreeing to take full ownership of Schincariol, but now the real work begins....
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat