US: William Grant & Sons launches Sailor Jerry US push
William Grant & Sons has released the first television advert for its Sailor Jerry spiced rum brand in the US.
The company said earlier today (4 July) that it will spend in the region of US$7m on a campaign driven by the ad, which broke in the country last week. The 30-second spot will run on national cable channels including ESPN, Spike, FX and Comedy Central.
The ad, which can be viewed below, will be backed by digital, print and out-of-home advertising as part of the push.
The soundtrack to the ad is provided by The Misfits, with their track 'Where Eagles Dare', the B-side to their 1979 single 'Night of the Living Dead'.
A brand-specific micro-site will also host a long-form version of the advert, and will include a gallery of all the videos that contributed clips to the spots and background on Norman Collins and his tattoo style.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research