US: William Grant & Sons launches Sailor Jerry US push
William Grant & Sons has released the first television advert for its Sailor Jerry spiced rum brand in the US.
The company said earlier today (4 July) that it will spend in the region of US$7m on a campaign driven by the ad, which broke in the country last week. The 30-second spot will run on national cable channels including ESPN, Spike, FX and Comedy Central.
The ad, which can be viewed below, will be backed by digital, print and out-of-home advertising as part of the push.
The soundtrack to the ad is provided by The Misfits, with their track 'Where Eagles Dare', the B-side to their 1979 single 'Night of the Living Dead'.
A brand-specific micro-site will also host a long-form version of the advert, and will include a gallery of all the videos that contributed clips to the spots and background on Norman Collins and his tattoo style.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018