US: William Grant & Sons launches Sailor Jerry US push - video
William Grant & Sons has launched a US TV ad for its Sailor Jerry rum brand.
The company said it will spend US$5m on a campaign driven by the ad, which first aired on Monday. The spot is running on “high-profile” US cable channels.
The ad, which can be viewed above, will be backed by digital, print and out-of-home advertising as part of the push.
The soundtrack is provided by The Stooges, with their track 'TV Eye’ from the 1970 album Fun House. The ad also features footage from the performance of the song at the Cincinnati Pop Festival.
Stooges singer Iggy Pop praised the Sailor Jerry ad, saying: “The edit and the upfront use really captures the purity and ferocity with which we played when we were at our best.”
This week, Scotland's electoral commission revealed William Grant has donated GBP185,000 (US$317,000) to campaign groups opposed to Scottish independence.
William Grant & Sons has released two whiskies under the Rare Cask Reserve banner. ...
William Grant & Sons has appointed Diageo's former marketing & innovation director for Africa as its next chief marketing officer....
William Grant & Sons has released a Global Travel Retail-exclusive iteration of its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey....
Brown-Forman is the latest international spirits company to enter the Irish whiskey category, with the purchase of Slane Castle Irish Whiskey Ltd....
William Grant & Sons has launched an Africa-exclusive TV ad for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky. ...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends