UK: William Grant & Sons keeps eye on Beam Global Spirits & Wine
William Grant & Sons is keeping one eye on Beam Global Spirits & Wine
William Grant & Sons has refused to rule itself out of a potential move for some of Beam Global Spirits & Wine's brands, should any become available in the future.
Late last year, Beam Global's parent company, Fortune Brands, announced that it plans to break up its three business units and will look to become "focused solely" on the Beam Global division. The news sparked speculation that several drinks companies – including Diageo and Bacardi – may look to acquire the company's brands.
Companies the size of William Grant have been rumoured to be gearing up to move for the smaller brands that the larger companies would struggle to get past anti-trust authorities.
Speaking to just-drinks earlier this week, the spirits firm's CEO, Stella David said that the company remains well-placed to make future purchases, having acquired the Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand from C&C Group last year.
“Again, it depends on time, price, place and what everybody else is doing out there,” David told just-drinks, when asked about Beam Global. “Clearly, it's a huge acquisition for whoever goes for the majority of Beam Global. I think it will be quite a convoluted set of steps that we will go through.”
Fortune's spin-off of its home and security, and golf divisions is expected to go through in the next six months.
David was talking to Olly Wehring in this month's inaugural Wehring interview.
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to bring its Sourz brand to UK television screens for the first time, through its Maxxium sales and marketing JV....
Symington Family Estates has followed its purchase of the Cockburn's Port brand last year by selling back most of its stake in Madeira Wine Company (MWC) to the Blandy Group....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report