Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Click again to see William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, non-aged, 47.6% abv
Available - From mid-November
Location - In the UK, exclusively to members of the online club Glenfiddich Explorers, then in specialists, Portugal, The Netherlands, South Africa, Russia, The US, Taiwan, Cyprus, Lebanon, Spain, Andorra, Canary Islands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, China, India, South Korea and selected airports around the world
Price - RRP of GBP49.99 (US$80) per 70cl bottle
In January 2010, after weeks of heavy snow and low temperatures, four feet of compacted snow covered the Glenfiddich distillery roofs, which housed hundreds of casks of fine aged whisky. A number of warehouse roofs collapsed under the weight, leaving the oak casks exposed. In temperatures of -19°C, distillery staff worked to clear the snow.
Snow Phoenix was created by marrying together natural strength and non-chill filtered casks of different ages and finishes, including American oak and Oloroso sherry.
Glenfiddich has dedicated Snow Phoenix to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team in Speyside, and has made a contribution to the organisation's funds.
Only 1,000 bottles will be made available.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research