Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Click again to see William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, non-aged, 47.6% abv
Available - From mid-November
Location - In the UK, exclusively to members of the online club Glenfiddich Explorers, then in specialists, Portugal, The Netherlands, South Africa, Russia, The US, Taiwan, Cyprus, Lebanon, Spain, Andorra, Canary Islands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, China, India, South Korea and selected airports around the world
Price - RRP of GBP49.99 (US$80) per 70cl bottle
In January 2010, after weeks of heavy snow and low temperatures, four feet of compacted snow covered the Glenfiddich distillery roofs, which housed hundreds of casks of fine aged whisky. A number of warehouse roofs collapsed under the weight, leaving the oak casks exposed. In temperatures of -19°C, distillery staff worked to clear the snow.
Snow Phoenix was created by marrying together natural strength and non-chill filtered casks of different ages and finishes, including American oak and Oloroso sherry.
Glenfiddich has dedicated Snow Phoenix to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team in Speyside, and has made a contribution to the organisation's funds.
Only 1,000 bottles will be made available.
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Greek brewer hits out over Carlsberg merger move
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014