Product Launch - US: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 43% abv
Available - From this month
Location - US, nation-wide, in “selected” retailers
Price - SRP US$79.99 per 70cl bottle
William Grant & Sons has released a limited-edition Glenfiddich in the US to celebrate the brand's 125th anniversary.
Some 18,000 bottles of Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition will be available, William Grant & Sons said yesterday (6 September). The whisky is aged in Sherry and refill Bourbon cask and created by Glenfiddich malt master Brian Kinsman.
Today, Glenfiddich, the world's most awarded single malt Scotch whisky, releases Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition. Only 18,000 bottles of this exceptional limited-edition, created by Malt Master Brian Kinsman, will be available in the United States.
Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition encapsulates the fifth-generation family-owned distillery's innovative casking techniques. It is the first expression to adopt the double maturation process, delivering a whisky that is complex in taste and flavor imparted from two different woods. Using the highest quality of both Sherry and Refill Bourbon casks throughout the Glenfiddich range, this rare liquid reflects the distillery's historic 125 years of creating the most sought after whiskies in the world.
As Malt Master, Kinsman is in charge of the Glenfiddich's pioneering whisky making process, from cask selection and overseeing the marrying of different ages and characters to managing the unique maturation process within the warehouse in the Dufftown, Scotland. A chemist by training, Kinsman became Glenfiddich Malt Master in December 2009, having first served an eight year apprenticeship under his predecessor David Stewart, who held the post for 35 years and is currently the industry's longest serving Malt Master.
"It is a true honor to be the sixth Malt Master at Glenfiddich during the distillery's milestone 125th Anniversary year," said Malt Master Brian Kinsman. "Glenfiddich established the single malt Scotch whisky category in 1963, when we became the first distillery to successfully export outside Scotland. I am proud to launch the Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition as a tribute to the pioneering history that goes into each and every bottle of whisky we produce. The aim with all of our limited edition expressions is to showcase the distillery's special quality of the liquid, which this rare innovation captures so beautifully."
Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition delivers a rich, ruby-red whisky with a complex nose that intermingles damp earth and whisky-soaked wood with deep vanilla and a touch of smoky embers. At first taste, the whisky has a sherbet zing which then slowly takes on a spicy, fruity character of plum and cherry with hints of toasted almond and wedding cake. The finish is silky and smooth.
Glenfiddich Malt Master's Edition has an ABV of 43% and will be available at select retailers starting in September 2012, with a retail price of $79.99.
Original source: Company Release
What do Bacardi, Diageo and Pernod Ricard have in common? Aside from the obvious, Ian Buxton proffers that they share the same problem when it comes to Bourbon, and that's their lack of it....
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends