Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt
Available - From this month
Location - Travel retail, in the Nordic region
Price - Not specified, limited to 3,600 1-litre bottles
Distribution - William Grant
William Grant has partnered with Norwegian ferry operator Viking Line to launch an extension of its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky brand. Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams is the first Scotch to be finished in Nordic oak, according to William Grant.
Of the 3,600 1-litre bottles released, Viking Line will carry 1,008. The remainder will be available in “various Nordic domestic markets”.
Earlier this year, William Grant released Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Red Wine Cask Finish Edition in the global travel retail channel.
William Grant & Sons is pleased to announce the launch of a new limited edition expression: Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams, finished in Nordic Oak.
Glenfiddich is the world's most awarded Single Malt Scotch Whisky and for the first time in the brand’s 125-year history it has been matured in Nordic Oak. This new expression was launched in conjunction with Viking Line onboard its famous ‘whisky fest’ vessel the Cinderella, along with an exclusive tasting by David Francis – Glenfiddich Brand Ambassador.
The launch and tasting, which took place at the Glenfiddich Bar onboard the ship, was attended by many of Sweden’s Whisky connoisseurs and formed part of Viking Line’s ongoing Whisky Fest.
This is the first time a Scotch whisky has ever been matured in Oak casks made in the Nordic and from Oak grown in the Nordic. This limited edition is already being sourced by collectors all over the world; there are a total of 3,600 100cl bottles in the world and the Viking Line will carry 1008.
To support the launch, William Grant & Sons, ran a ‘Cask of Dreams’ tour during Autumn 2012, visiting Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland with casks made of the Nordic Oak. At selected locations, visitors could write their dreams directly on the cask. Of these dreams, elected representatives from Glenfiddich picked out a winner and fulfilled their life time dream to attend the Isle of Man TT races. The tour was a tribute to founder William Grant's pioneering spirit and aimed to inspire people to pursue their dreams.
Says Glenfiddich Malt Master Brian Kinsman: “Maturing over a winter in the Nordic Oak casks has brought exciting flavours to the liquid. The flavour is rich and sweet with a vanilla and oak character, you may even feel a taste of cedar trees.”
Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams will be available exclusively on the Viking Line for travel retail and the rest of the bottles will be launched in the various Nordic domestic markets.
Original source: Company Release
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends