Product Launch - TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt
Available - From this month
Location - Travel retail, in the Nordic region
Price - Not specified, limited to 3,600 1-litre bottles
Distribution - William Grant
William Grant has partnered with Norwegian ferry operator Viking Line to launch an extension of its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky brand. Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams is the first Scotch to be finished in Nordic oak, according to William Grant.
Of the 3,600 1-litre bottles released, Viking Line will carry 1,008. The remainder will be available in “various Nordic domestic markets”.
Earlier this year, William Grant released Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Red Wine Cask Finish Edition in the global travel retail channel.
William Grant & Sons is pleased to announce the launch of a new limited edition expression: Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams, finished in Nordic Oak.
Glenfiddich is the world's most awarded Single Malt Scotch Whisky and for the first time in the brand’s 125-year history it has been matured in Nordic Oak. This new expression was launched in conjunction with Viking Line onboard its famous ‘whisky fest’ vessel the Cinderella, along with an exclusive tasting by David Francis – Glenfiddich Brand Ambassador.
The launch and tasting, which took place at the Glenfiddich Bar onboard the ship, was attended by many of Sweden’s Whisky connoisseurs and formed part of Viking Line’s ongoing Whisky Fest.
This is the first time a Scotch whisky has ever been matured in Oak casks made in the Nordic and from Oak grown in the Nordic. This limited edition is already being sourced by collectors all over the world; there are a total of 3,600 100cl bottles in the world and the Viking Line will carry 1008.
To support the launch, William Grant & Sons, ran a ‘Cask of Dreams’ tour during Autumn 2012, visiting Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland with casks made of the Nordic Oak. At selected locations, visitors could write their dreams directly on the cask. Of these dreams, elected representatives from Glenfiddich picked out a winner and fulfilled their life time dream to attend the Isle of Man TT races. The tour was a tribute to founder William Grant's pioneering spirit and aimed to inspire people to pursue their dreams.
Says Glenfiddich Malt Master Brian Kinsman: “Maturing over a winter in the Nordic Oak casks has brought exciting flavours to the liquid. The flavour is rich and sweet with a vanilla and oak character, you may even feel a taste of cedar trees.”
Glenfiddich Cask of Dreams will be available exclusively on the Viking Line for travel retail and the rest of the bottles will be launched in the various Nordic domestic markets.
Original source: Company Release
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future