Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage
Click through to view William Grant's Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage
William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 55.2% abv
Available - From today (9 September)
Location - From the Glenfiddich distillery
Price - RRP of GBP699 (US$1,093) per bottle, limited to 286 bottles
Distribution - William Grant & Sons
William Grant has launched a limited edition, 25-year-old expression of its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky. The iteration, which was casked on Christmas Day 1987, has been aged in a European oak Sherry butt.
Glenfiddich, the world’s most awarded single malt, reveals the Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage, one of the rarest whiskies ever released by the whisky maker - only 286 bottles will be available. Celebrating 125 years of whisky making at The Glenfiddich Distillery, this limited edition 25 Year Old whisky is the latest addition to the coveted Glenfiddich Rare Collection.
This special whisky is steeped in history. It was casked in a European oak sherry butt on Christmas Day 1987, Glenfiddich’s centenary anniversary. A quarter of a century later, Glenfiddich Malt Master, Brian Kinsman pre-selected a small number of the special centenary casks so that on the 125th anniversary of the first spirit running from the distillery’s stills, Glenfiddich founder William Grant’s great-great grandson Peter Gordon and his son Dougal could choose cask number 19996 to become the Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage.
Company Director Peter Gordon said: “It was an honour to select this whisky. Born of two momentous anniversaries for our distillery, this whisky truly reflects the pioneering spirit that has underpinned our 125 year history and my great-great grandfather’s legacy of making ‘the best dram in the valley’.”
Bronze in colour, Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage has a nose of rich fruit cake, toasted almonds and cinnamon flavours, underpinned by a zesty citrus note enveloped in vanilla sweetness, allowing hints of liquorice, leather and ground coffee. On the tongue, it takes on a beautiful velvety texture, rich and spicy with a sweet sherbet flavour. The depth of oak tannin creates an intriguing balance of sweet and dry with a luxurious mouth coating oiliness, which is decadently succeeded by a long-lasting, sweet, oaky finish.
Brian Kinsman, Malt Master added: “Bottled from just one European oak sherry cask and testament to the uniqueness of this exclusive whisky, Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage has a cask-strength ABV of 55.2%. Glenfiddich has been family run since 1887 and with the freedom of independence and the foresight of long term planning, we have created the largest collection of single malt stock anywhere in the world. It allows to us to create exceptional and fantastic tasting whisky.”
To complement a whisky of this calibre, prestige and quality, each individually numbered bottle is finished with a rustic copper and blue design and is presented in its own beautiful case.
The Glenfiddich Anniversary Vintage will be available from today (9th September) before the strictly limited bottles travel from the distillery to whisky connoisseurs and prestigious establishments around the world. Each bottle will sell for a minimum of £699.
Original source: Company Release
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends