Product Launch - UK: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK
Price - RRP of GBP90 (US$142) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - First Drinks
Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish is a 19 year old single malt that has been matured in oak casks previously used to age Madeira wine. It marks the first time Glenfiddich has used Madeira casks to finish a whisky.
In his latest column, Ian Buxton profiles a new spirits distiller in the UK and considers what this could mean for the craft spirits category of the futue....
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets