Product Launch - UK: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish
Click through to view William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 40% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK
Price - RRP of GBP90 (US$142) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - First Drinks
Glenfiddich Age of Discovery Madeira Cask Finish is a 19 year old single malt that has been matured in oak casks previously used to age Madeira wine. It marks the first time Glenfiddich has used Madeira casks to finish a whisky.
In his latest column, Ian Buxton profiles a new spirits distiller in the UK and considers what this could mean for the craft spirits category of the futue....
This month's sermon from Ian Buxton looks at the ongoing issue of polarisation in the overall spirits category. He starts and finishes with two quotes, from two wildly disparate sources....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part IV
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO