Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich 1978 Vintage Reserve
Take a look at the other image for the latest Glenfiddich variant
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 50.7% abv
Available - From today (21 September)
Location - Global
Price - RRP of GBP480 (US$749) per 70cl bottle in the UK
Distribution - First Drinks in the UK
Each year, Glenfiddich’s malt master chooses a selection of casks, all the same age, and calls upon a panel to help choose which will become the Glenfiddich Vintage Reserve. This year’s selection, chosen by a panel of whisky bloggers, marks Brian Kinsman's inaugural Vintage Reserve selection process.
On 9 June, Kinsman was joined online by a global panel of eight whisky bloggers and journalists. The group nosed and tasted four single malts and compared tasting notes via the microblogging site. The panel came to a conclusion and selected cask number 28152 as their favourite.
The cask will produce 184 70cl cask-strength bottles.
The full Twitter conversation can be viewed here.
A down-in-the-dumps Richard Woodard is a Richard Woodard best-avoided. But, the spirits giants of this world can bring him out of his stupor. And, all it would take is a little bit of spending....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits