UK: William Grant & Sons expands Solerno launch
William Grant is backing Solerno in the UK
William Grant & Sons has launched its Sicilian blood orange liqueur, Solerno, in the UK.
The 40% abv liqueur, which first appeared in the US in 2008, will sell for GBP31.99 (US$48.62) per 75cl bottle, William Grant has confirmed. UK distributor Mangrove will handle sales in the country.
Solerno was created by Hendrick’s Gin maker Lesley Gracie and uses oils from the skins of Sicilian blood oranges blended with the distillates of orange and lemons and a neutral spirit base.
“Blood oranges are one of nature’s most intense fruits,” Gracie said.
This week, William Grant said its Europe, Middle East and Africa MD Gordon Dron quit the company in the wake of a restructure. Dron is not being “directly replaced”, William Grant said, but Simon Hunt, the group's chief commerical officer, will take over some of Dron's responsibilities,
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research