UK: William Grant & Sons expands Solerno launch
William Grant is backing Solerno in the UK
William Grant & Sons has launched its Sicilian blood orange liqueur, Solerno, in the UK.
The 40% abv liqueur, which first appeared in the US in 2008, will sell for GBP31.99 (US$48.62) per 75cl bottle, William Grant has confirmed. UK distributor Mangrove will handle sales in the country.
Solerno was created by Hendrick’s Gin maker Lesley Gracie and uses oils from the skins of Sicilian blood oranges blended with the distillates of orange and lemons and a neutral spirit base.
“Blood oranges are one of nature’s most intense fruits,” Gracie said.
This week, William Grant said its Europe, Middle East and Africa MD Gordon Dron quit the company in the wake of a restructure. Dron is not being “directly replaced”, William Grant said, but Simon Hunt, the group's chief commerical officer, will take over some of Dron's responsibilities,
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report