UK: William Grant & Sons draws up Sailor Jerry music push
Sailor Jerry gets music push
First Drinks is looking to invest in the Sailor Jerry Spiced rum brand in the music arena in the UK this year.
First Drinks, which is the distribution arm of Sailor Jerry's owner, William Grant & Sons, confirmed yesterday (14 April) that the brand will sponsor a series of six live music events across the UK in the coming months, aimed to highlight up-and-coming bands in the country.
The first of the free concerts will take place on 26 April in London and will be headlined by Bombay Bicycle Club.
The concert will be followed by an event in Glasgow in June and four more events to follow later in the year in Manchester, Brighton, Edinburgh and an additional London gig. Further experiential activity will take place at major music festivals during the summer.
Tickets are available through the Sailor Jerry website www.sailorjerry.co.uk from tomorrow.
Earlier this year, William Grant revamped both the packaging and the taste profile for Sailor Jerry, which prompted a backlash from some consumers. A website was subsequently set up by the disaffected, calling to 'sink the sailor'.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits