GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons confirms "no direct replacement" after EMEA head quits
William Grant is saying goodbye to its EMEA head
William Grant & Sons' Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) MD has quit the company and is not being directly replaced.
Gordon Dron, who has been with the group for seven years, and EMEA chief since November 2010, has "decided to leave the business" following a company restructure, the group said yesterday (28 May). Dron is not being "directly replaced", a company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today.
However, Simon Hunt, the group's chief commerical officer will take over some of Dron's responsibilities, while covering more regions beyond the EMEA remit.
Prior to joining William Grant & Sons, Dron worked for Imperial Tobacco. Before this, he spent around seven years with Diageo, including a role as its market development director for south-east Asia.
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research