GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons confirms "no direct replacement" after EMEA head quits
William Grant is saying goodbye to its EMEA head
William Grant & Sons' Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) MD has quit the company and is not being directly replaced.
Gordon Dron, who has been with the group for seven years, and EMEA chief since November 2010, has "decided to leave the business" following a company restructure, the group said yesterday (28 May). Dron is not being "directly replaced", a company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today.
However, Simon Hunt, the group's chief commerical officer will take over some of Dron's responsibilities, while covering more regions beyond the EMEA remit.
Prior to joining William Grant & Sons, Dron worked for Imperial Tobacco. Before this, he spent around seven years with Diageo, including a role as its market development director for south-east Asia.
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review