UK: William Grant & Sons brings Glenfiddich 50 to UK
Glenfiddich 50 Year Old
William Grant & Sons has followed the limited launch of Glenfiddich 50 Year Old in the US with a similar release in the UK.
The company, which released the variant in “extremely limited supply” in the US late last year, said late last week that three bottles of 50 Year Old are now available in the UK.
Harrods, The Whisky Exchange and The Vintage House hold a bottle each, which will retail at around GBP10,000 (US$15,655).
The bottle is decorated in Scottish silver, crafted by sixth-generation silversmith Thomas Fattorini and imprinted with William Grant & Son’s hallmark.
Harrods has chosen to auction off its bottle, with 20% of the eventual selling price being donated to the Evelina Children’s Hospital.
Back in September, William Grant updated the packaging for Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18-year-old variants in the UK, to give the brand a more premium look.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- This week in spirits & wine
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts