UK: William Grant & Sons brings Glenfiddich 50 to UK
Glenfiddich 50 Year Old
William Grant & Sons has followed the limited launch of Glenfiddich 50 Year Old in the US with a similar release in the UK.
The company, which released the variant in “extremely limited supply” in the US late last year, said late last week that three bottles of 50 Year Old are now available in the UK.
Harrods, The Whisky Exchange and The Vintage House hold a bottle each, which will retail at around GBP10,000 (US$15,655).
The bottle is decorated in Scottish silver, crafted by sixth-generation silversmith Thomas Fattorini and imprinted with William Grant & Son’s hallmark.
Harrods has chosen to auction off its bottle, with 20% of the eventual selling price being donated to the Evelina Children’s Hospital.
Back in September, William Grant updated the packaging for Glenfiddich 12, 15 and 18-year-old variants in the UK, to give the brand a more premium look.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1