UK: William Grant & Sons boosts FY sales, profits
- Net sales up 5.2% to GBP1.12bn (US$1.82bn)
- Operating profits up 10.6% to GBP138m
William Grant & Sons enjoyed a strong 2013
William Grant & Sons increased its full-year sales and profits last year, despite what it called “challenging global economic conditions”.
The privately-owned firm, which owns the Scotch brands Glenfiddich, Grant's and The Balvenie, said today net sales in 2013 climbed by 5.2% to GBP1.12bn (US$1.82bn). Operating profits were up 10.6% to GBP138m in the same period.
William Grant declined to provide more detailed figures for last year when asked by just-drinks.
In today's statement, Stella David, William Grant’s CEO, said: “Whilst 2013 saw some challenging global economic conditions, the company continued to perform well thanks to our consistent focus on brand building and investing for the long-term.”
Without giving specific details, the company praised the “phenomenal success” of Hendrick’s gin, saying the brand had achieved success through word of mouth, bartender endorsement and “careful nurturing”. It also said Glenfiddich maintained its position as the world’s biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky and that The Balvenie single malt “continues to grow rapidly all around the world”.
William Grant director & former chairman Peter Gordon was one of about 120 signatories last month to a letter backing Scotland to remain part of the UK ahead of this month's independence referendum. The company has publicly backed the pro-UK drive, donating money to the “No” cause.
William Grant & Sons Ltd is set to continue innovating its spirits portfolio by introducing new flavours to mature categories and to build on the success of its 2014 launches such as Three Barrels’ Ho...
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
William Grant & Sons has continued with its global refresh of the packaging for its Glenfiddich single malt Scotch whisky range....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China