US: William Grant & Sons appoints new US chief
The company has appointed a new boss for its US division
William Grant & Sons has promoted one of its senior executives to the role of managing director and president of its US division.
The appointment of Jonathan Yusen, currently the company's senior US marketing VP, was announced by the UK-headquartered group today (16 April). Yusen replaces Simon Hunt, who was recently promoted to the newly-created role of the group's chief commercial officer, the Glenfiddich distiller said.
William Grant & Sons’ CEO, Stella David, said: “His (Yusen's) extensive senior management experience, commercial understanding and collaborative approach will help him to drive the brand growth agenda in the US and I look forward to working with him as we continue to expand our US business which will continue to be a key area of focus for us."
Yusen has also been responsible for marketing in Mexico and Canada and was general manager for the group's Canada division.
Last October, privately-owned William Grant & Sons reported a drop in full-year operating profits, after a 9% rise in sales.
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review