US: William Grant & Sons appoints new US chief
The company has appointed a new boss for its US division
William Grant & Sons has promoted one of its senior executives to the role of managing director and president of its US division.
The appointment of Jonathan Yusen, currently the company's senior US marketing VP, was announced by the UK-headquartered group today (16 April). Yusen replaces Simon Hunt, who was recently promoted to the newly-created role of the group's chief commercial officer, the Glenfiddich distiller said.
William Grant & Sons’ CEO, Stella David, said: “His (Yusen's) extensive senior management experience, commercial understanding and collaborative approach will help him to drive the brand growth agenda in the US and I look forward to working with him as we continue to expand our US business which will continue to be a key area of focus for us."
Yusen has also been responsible for marketing in Mexico and Canada and was general manager for the group's Canada division.
Last October, privately-owned William Grant & Sons reported a drop in full-year operating profits, after a 9% rise in sales.
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts