UK: William Grant & Sons appoints master blender
UK distiller William Grant & Sons has appointed Brian Kinsman as its new master blender, with effect from 1 December.
Kinsman will become the company's sixth master blender, taking over from David Stewart, who will remain with William Grant to continue his role as The Balvenie malt master, the company said today (21 October).
Kinsman joined the company in 1997 and has undertaken an eight-year apprenticeship, having worked alongside Stewart, who has 47 years service with the company.
From December, Kinsman will assume responsibility for all spirit quality, both new make and maturing inventories, for the company's brands distilled globally, and become Glenfiddich's malt master and the master blender of Grant's Blended Scotch Whiskies.
The company yesterday appointed Ludovic Ducrocq to the newly-created position of global ambassador for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky in the UK. Formerly a member of the distiller's product development tasting panel, Ducrocq joined the company in 2002 as a guide at the group's Dufftown distillery in Speyside.
Scottish brewer Innis & Gunn is planning to expand in the US after reporting strong sales for its beer both in the UK and abroad in 2009....
France's alcohol addiction prevention body has won a court ruling to ban an online promotion for Glenfiddich Scotch whisky, owned by William Grant & Sons....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research