UK: William Grant & Sons appoints commercial head for Stolichnaya
The family-owned company, which took over distribution for the brand from Pernod in several markets, including the US, last year, said today (20 July) that Jonathan Ashworth will move across to head up the commercial side for Stolichnaya.
Ashworth had been regional director for Rest of World, including Latin America, Gulf, South East Asia and Australasia for Stolichnaya. He will report in to William Grant's newly-appointed group marketing director Maurice Doyle, who joins the company next month.
Ashworth previously worked at Allied Domecq Duty Free as marketing director Global Duty Free and, before that, as group marketing manager for Allied's UK Spirits and Wine division.
William Grant was awarded US distribution rights for Stolichnaya, which is owned by Russian company SPI Group, in November. Then, in March, the deal was extended to cover The Netherlands, Portugal, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Vietnam, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia and Laos.
The spirits industry, like other industries, has been hit by the current global economic crisis. Euromonitor International's latest global briefing, 'Global Opportunities for Leading Spirits Players d...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
William Grant & Sons has readied an updated bottle cap for SPI Group's Stolichnaya vodka brand in the US....
William Grant & Sons has sold off one of its wine brands to Total Beverage Solution....
First Drinks has lined up a return to UK television screens for Illva Saronno's Tia Maria liqueur brand....
First Drinks has lined up a Christmas advertising campaign in the UK for William Grants & Sons' single malt Scotch whisky brand, Glenfiddich....
William Grant & Sons Glenfiddich 50 Year Old...
William Grant & Sons' Grant's 25 Year Old...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets